Making the decision to be a stay at home mom or dad does not mean that you can't have income. Looking at what expenses you can cut back is only half the formula. You can also look at creative ways to make income from home.
There are many ways you can do this. I helped to bring income into the family budget in several ways. I became a consultant in a Direct Sales company and I used my skills as a painter and crafter. I joined a small coop with other crafters and together, we opened a shop. I also had a booth in a craft mall and I sold many of my things in a beauty shop. This got my name out and helped to generate special orders, and contract jobs as a decorative painter. I also picked up little temp jobs from time to time which I could work around my kids. This worked well for us and it allowed me to still be a full time mom.
Today, it is a bit easier to make a living from home because of the Internet and the opportunities that brings.
Here are a few ideas:
- If you love to shop estate sales, garage sales, etc. then you could open an Etsy shop and resell vintage items online.
- If you love to craft, paint, or have some other type of artistic skill you can sell those items on Etsy, a website, or the way I did it in shops on consignment.
- If you love to write, then you could write Ebooks. Ebooks are hot right now and the possibility for great income is easier than ever these days with the ability to self publish.
- You could also start a blog or vlog (blog by video). Blogs are a great way to bring income in. It takes a while to build up readers but it has great potential to be a moneymaker by selling ads, ebooks, crafts, art, direct sales items, or just ideas. It can be any kind of blog you like.
- Mystery shopper: Here is another great idea for those who love to shop. Restaurants and stores contract mystery shoppers to go purchase things or services in order to grade how their employees did. You can take the kids along. There are websites where the job listings are posted. You pick the ones you want. Everything you purchase is paid for by the company plus a fee for the job. All the billing is done via internet
- Freelance Writers can pick up writing opportunities online at several websites.
- Teach Classes online: you can teach classes by video, blog, or several other ways and promote them with a blog, or website.
- Become a Google rater. They rate websites and pages. This is usually contracted out through contract websites. This usually requires a computer and high speed Internet connection. Can be full or part time.
- Call Center Customer Service Representative. These jobs are often contracted out. Must have silence in the background though so could be a problem with children unless you can work around them somehow.
- Become a Direct Sales Representative for the company of your choice such as Young Living Essential Oils (this is an ad for my biz), BeautiControl, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, Tupperware, etc.
These are only a few suggestions for making income from home. Stay tuned for next Thursday when I share even more ideas for income from home.