2. How would it make you feel to know that your business may already have a page on Google that is being seen by many? Would that be reason to take a look? Did you know that Google Maps is closely linked to Google+? I know you are wondering why that is a reason to look at G+. If your business has an address and if you have customers with a smart phone then you need to pay attention! Google has become a GIANT. They have many, many pieces of the business pie so to speak. One of those pieces is Google Maps. When someone types in your business address (or even home address) into Google Maps to find directions to your business then they will find a page with your business listed.
3.When someone "Googles" your business name and/or address then they will find that same information along with any information Google can find on the Internet about that address and business. Go ahead "Google" your business name and address. You will find Google pages from Google Maps and quite possibly you will find a Local Google+ Page for your business. If there is not one then it is only a matter of time before there will be one. A huge reason to consider this social media.
5. People with smart phones love to "Check In". "Checking In" is a way of letting the world know where they (or at least their phone anyway) is at the moment so their friends can find them. This information along with a link to the business they check into is then posted on Twitter, Facebook, etc. Many who check in will leave reviews especially if the service is great or terrible. Do you see where this is heading? If you do not have a website (and even if you do) then people who Google for directions to find you or "Check In" at your business or even at other local businesses will see this Google+ page along with any information there. Someone Checking in to your business might be another good reason to pay attention here.
6. When someone "Googles" your business and there is a Verified by you Google+ page then they are given the option to follow you right at the search results. They do not even have to click on the page to do it! That means the chance that your follower count will go up quicker is much larger. That is reason enough for me to join.
7. Another big reason is SEO. Most people who are not tech savvy will not understand this part but SEO determines what order items come up in a Google search on the internet. The better your SEO then the higher in the search you will be listed. Think about it. If you have a verified Local Google+ page that you spend time making posts on then when someone searches for a plumber in your area and if you are a plumber then your chances of being the first listing goes up. That is like being the Largest ad in the Yellow pages and it only takes a bit of time.
9. Bloggers love to write about the places they have visited and/or promote the people who have been wonderful to them (or not) and this blogger is no exception to that rule. Within my Blogger software is a built in widget that allows me to tag and link to a place. Anywhere I want! Can you follow where this is going? That tag and link will go directly to Google maps which then creates a Google+ page. Hopefully that blogger is writing something really great about your business but sometimes it can be negative reviews.(Here is that review word again.) Reviews matter! How would it look if there was an entire blog post on your Google+ page that gave a negative review and you didn't even answer back a response or even know? Maybe one of your employees stripped naked and was rude one day when you went to mail out the invoices?(It happens) I believe that might be information you would like to know before the entire world knew so that the problem can be dealt with. Maybe you can reach out to the blogger and make amends or if it is just a bad review of your product then you can fix it and ask the Blogger to consider a followup review. There are any number of ways to handle it but if you do not show up at all the world will not have another view
10. Can you see why it is wise for you to take control and manage the page that is going to be there anyway? At least you can edit wrong information and you can make sure that photos and videos are a positive reflection of your business. You can add your branding, and you can respond to the negative reviews explaining what happened or saying that the problem has been fixed. The best news is that it will cost you only information and that is information that you want the world to know about your business anyway. All you have to do is go to your Google+ Business Page and Claim it.
Icons Courtesy of Clethstudios,ilnanny, bold Perspective, hamzahamo, Jan Cavan, NarjisNagvi, Nataly,