I've Been Tagged, How Fun!
I have only been blogging a very short time & so please give me grace if I don't respond very quick to things. I am still figuring this out & just discovered that I have been tagged. According to the rules I am supposed to tell you 8 things about myself & then tag 8 more people so here goes:
1. November 27 is my birthday & I am having a great day today. My family tells me that I am 45 although I feel much younger. I don't keep count (for real I just keep up with what year & let you do the math) & even told an officer I was several years older because I was taking a guess once after having been in a wreck. He asked me if I was sure I was alright because I was actually 4 years younger than I had told him. It all started when I decided in my 20's that if I tell people I am older they will tell me how good I look for my age. The only problem is that after a few years you really do forget if you don't like to do math like me.
2. I really do have about 14 cats. All have names & they even have a heated garden shed to stay in for the winter with a cat door & beds, & even litter boxes in case the weather is bad. I spoil them but they really do give me joy. My family teases me about being the cat lady. I do give many away as they happen along. I just always seem to have so many because people have heard that I will take them in if they need a home. I love animals & will give them a home if I can or try to find them one if I can't. I am not an animal activist however.
3. I have learned to texture walls & ceilings & have even had several contractors try to hire me.
4. I used to contract paint for people & have painted just about every surface I can think of. I did a lot of decorative painting, faux painting as well as standard paint your wall kind of painting. I am famous here in Seymour for painting common countertops to look like real granite.
5. I love to collect things. I try not to let the collections get too large. I collect : enamelware, purses, ladies compacts, old tins, dishes, anything with roses, toleware, Christmas coke bottles, old linens, gingerbread men, plants & friends, just to name a few.
6. I love to go out walking really late at night without a flashlight because you can really see the sky that way. It makes me feel so close to God to look up & see the beautiful stars.
7. I love to worship God when I am out on the mower. I have about 3 acres that I mow & I sing at the top of my voice. Not sure what the neighbors must think of me. But I do have a really good time with the Lord.
8. I have a really fantastic husband that I have been married to for 26 years and counting. We love to laugh, I think that is part of the secret to staying married along with being willing to not always be right. I have a saying, " You can be right or you can be married" Sometimes being right just isn't so important.
If you don't enjoy being tagged, no worries. Only respond if they are fun for you. Blessings.